Friday, October 16, 2009

Thanksgiving Weekend

A few days late, I realize, but as much as I love 4 day weeks, they are bizaaaaayyyy!

So this past weekend was Thanksgiving weekend for my fellow Canucks. Hubs and I offered to host our family dinner on Sunday night with our new place and gigantico dining room. Plus I love hosting and figure my mom's dang tired of it. So the immediate family that was in town joined us Sunday afternoon-7 of us in total, although we easily had food for 12+.

I was pretty much filled up until Wednesday from all the food & treats that we consumed. The menu was:

Appetizers:
Cranberry pinwheels
Cream Cheese w Red Pepper Jelly spread
Pumpernickle bread & spinach dip
Cheese & deli platter

Main:
Turkey (but of course)
Stuffing
Mashed Potatoes
Baked butternut squash
Flat beans
Garden salad
Homemade rolls
Gravy, cranberry sauce, apple sauce

Desert:
Homemade Pecan Pie
Homemade Pumpkin Pie
Homemade Apple Pie
Homemade personalized sugar cookies

Whew! I'm full just writing it all! Of course I can't take credit for it all-it was somewhat of a potluck, so everyone contributed at least one dish.

Friday night prior, I spent many more hours than I a) expected b) care to share creating a pinecone wreath I found on U Create.

For a little extra seasonal decor. There were many more pinecones than I needed, so I glued some hemp around a vase Thrifty Decor Chick -styleand tossed in the extras for a little fall in the main bathroom.
My younger sister has a bit of extra time on her hands lately and felt motivated to share some table setting ideas with me, namely, this one:
Which we slightly adapted from the LCBO magazine.
All in all, we were definitely try-hards with the table setting, but I think it looked great for our first big holiday family dinner:
To end the night off, and to help digest a bit of the massive quantities of poultry and sides consumed, we played a little Guesstures (fave game of all time), and of course some Beatles Rock Band:
Overall a very exhausting, but very nice and fun day!
Happy Belated Thanksgiving!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment