Thursday, October 8, 2009

Update

So, it's fair to say that it's been an anxiety-ridden week. To say the least.

After Mondays heartbreaking e-mail (and I'm not being dramatic), we've waited impatiently through that entire day and Tuesday. Both of which were among the top 20 longest days of my life. We were supposed to hear by sometime on Tuesday, but hadn't.

So, Wednesday morning, I call P&K at 10:15 or so. I wanted to make it clear that we were interested in selling to them, but also not be a pain in the ass, so made 1 call at a reasonable time with enough time after we were supposed to have heard back from them that I wasn't being pushy or annoying. I leave a message-clear and concise.

All day yesterday I hear nothing back. I hadn't expected to as I suspected it was their home number they gave me and they'd likely be out working all day.

At home with hubs that evening, I was getting beyond anxious, so I checked our e-mail account for about the billionth time that day. There was a new e-mail. From P&K.

Now, let me point out-I'd had my phone with me basically 24/7 since Monday in case they called. I figured a call is the most direct way to update us and the least passive way too. Also, I figured if they called, it's more likely to be better news, and an e-mail likely meant bad.

So we stared at the computer screen for a few minutes, not really wanting to open it-fearing the worst. It wasn't the worst, but it wasn't good news either.

The jist: The guy they're dealing with had his inspection pushed back until Thursday (today), and he lost his phone so couldn't get the calls and couldn't call them. So they got his e-mail when they got home last night. The inspection should be going down today, and they should know at some point today what's going on.

GAH!

A couple things:

1-It sounds like the other seller is full of excuses. It almost sounds like he's reluctant to sell. Probably knows he has to, but doesn't want to. Self-sabotage if you ask me.
2-I'm clearly incredibly biased in this specific situation, but why would you make such an important purchase from someone so clearly unreliable. I acknowledge that a little hassle up front is worth a dream home in the long run, but...if he's this wishy-washy and inconsistent when he's trying to sell his home, doesn't that make you wonder how well he's maintained said home?
3-It doesn't take a genius to figure out they love that house more. Why would you put up with all this BS if you didn't. That's kind of upsetting for obvious reasons. I, of course, want to sell, but I almost don't want it to be to someone who's 'settling'.
4- And I'm just dang tired of waiting! I'm tired of selling (although it's only been a month), and I'm tired of being a prisoner to strangers' whims and times of day wanting to come see the house. And I'm SOOOO tired of the relentless agent calls!

And yes, I am being a whiney brat...so what?!

So that's what's up. Whatever happens, we're taking this weekend off from open houses & showings to enjoy Thanksgiving and an actual weekend, so that will be a nice break no matter what.

So I'm still on pins & needles, filled with anxiety and waiting for some guy to get his act together or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment