Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Dear Genevieve...love!

Has anyone else seen this show on HGTV?

It's now taken on the Tuesday night at 9:30 slot from one of my faves, Design Inc, and happens to be on right after Sarah's Cottage. Great news, right? So I've watched a couple episodes-3 to be exact, and it's friggin good.

I've always liked Genevieve Gorder from her Trading Spaces days and then on a show I can't recall where she tried to makeover a whole community. It was a cute show, but I don't think it lasted very long. I hope this one does though.

Her design is very much my style and she's such a seemingly genuinely nice, sweet and totally cute person. And apparently she has a 6 month old! How are you that cute with a 6-month old?

So last night's episode clinched it. It was a kitchen of a couple that had and pretty hideous kitchen to begin with, and it became seriously a dream kitchen. Well, mine at least.

Here's the after:And...I found a flaw. The show's website is a pain in the a$$. I hope it's only because it's still new and they have to work on it, but it's kind of hard to navigate and, at least for me, takes for.ever (shout out Sandlot) to load anything. It's ok though, I don't watch it for the website.

The other episodes I've seen are a a family basement episode and a family room re-do episode.

And...as much as I'm loving the show right now, I'm pretty annoyed with the website, so that's all I have to say about that.

I don't know if there's HGTV in the states, or the equivalent, but I urge you to check it out (the show, not the site) and see for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment