Friday, May 22, 2009

Current Obsession: Make it and Love it

I can't remember how I came across this site. Through someones blog to blog to blog, etc I'm sure though. Regardless-it's fantastic!

Ever since beginning my goal of beginning to sew the drapes, not to mention reading some crafty-as-heck blogs where people make sewing and crafting look effortless, I've been very keen to learn a thing of two.

Enter Ashley.

Her site is totally cute, totally crafty, and seemingly do-able. Many of her ideas are inexpensive, and most of them are pretty quick, although some of them are definitely more involved.

Here are a couple ideas I've saved into my 'Cute Ideas' folder (admittedly, not all appropriate for my stage in life, but for gifts and future reference):

Ridiculously cheap and easy dry erase board:

Totally cute tea towel bling:

Way too cute and way too easy clips with flare:

Super cute grocery bag holder:

Crafty Christmas star: (Same idea applied in her children's room here)

Funky thirfty wall art:

Comfy cute car seat cover:
Cute soother clips: (what a cute baby shower idea if you have an idea of the colours the parents are using for the nursery and/or car seat stuff)

Bobble-esque hair elastic embellishments: (I'm especially intrigued about the whole button-making procedure here)
Cute, handy crayon roll up holder:


So cute, right?

As a mother of 2, understandably a lot of her crafts are kid-centric, so that explains some of my favourites. No, I'm not on the baby train just yet.

Anyways, Ashley's obviously a very talented, experienced seamstress and I definitely don't think I'm going to be able to tackle 95% of her projects any time soon, but a girl can dream.

If you have even a tiny crafty bone in your body, or are considering learning to sew, I strongly urge you to check out this blog...I definitely went through the archives and am SO wanting some lessons or get a book or something so I can learn the basics of the prep work. I've already learned a few lessons of my own, but most of them were learned the hard way and I haven't yet learned how to fix 'em.

I even added a cute little button on my sidebar so you can click right to it---so cute and handy!

No comments:

Post a Comment