1) Mother's Day-love you mom!
2) My 4 year anniversary of working at my current job (crazy!)
3) The 100th day we've lived in our new home.
Has it really only been 100 days?
To commemorate 100 days, I was going to make a post about my 100 Favourite Things about our new home. However, as I got going, it started becoming a little too "I love lamp" for me.
So instead, I cut it in half, and here are my 50 favourite things about our new house after 101 days in:
- Our garage. The simplest things really do make a difference.
- The door opener that makes the garage that much more awesome.
- Having a porch!
- Eating outside and enjoying a good amount of privacy doing so.
- BBQ!!! (the condo corporation at our last place vetoed it)
- Our hardwood that hubs and I installed together.
- Having a real bonified entrance where there's room for more than 1 slim person only
- The ability to walk right into the house with groceries-no stairs!
- Having windows in the kitchen. It makes everything in there so much more pleasant.
- Our deep freeze with loads of meat.
- Our ginormous closet
- Upstairs laundry!
- Our large dining room that will one day soon have more than 4 people eating in it I hope.
- The challenges that we get to overcome to make this space ours. (Yes-really, it keeps it interesting)
- Our backyard to be
- Max & Layla seeing me off in the mornings from the dining room window seat. And sometimes coming home to them waiting for us there.
- The room to actually get totally ready in the ensuite. And having everything in there.
- Separate shower & bathtub. No more thoughts of dirty feet where I'll be soaking.
- Having a full spare bathroom. (Which I'm sure guests appreciate as well)
- Storage, storage, storage!
- My family can visit! No more instant allergic reactions to our cats thanks to the hardwood.
- Walking distance to the Scotiabank Place. No more DD's required if we don't want.
- All the walking trails and actual space around us.
- We don't share a wall with anyone else.
- (Hopefully) the future ROI after all our hard work
- The fireplace I painted on a whim
- Having a space I can decorate as 'My Room'
- Our beauticious washer and dryer. They really are all they're cracked up to be.
- Watching Layla enjoy the washer & dryer even more than I do
- Learning to garden and the future opportunities to actual do it.
- No painting! It was all painted beige when we moved in (don't fret, it's not pink as my recent photos seem to indicate)
- Our party-sized ensuite shower.
- Our much nicer, bigger & more realistic fireplace.
- The upgraded banister. SO worth the few bucks to change it.
- Having an exercise room. I can actually do yoga without hearing sportsnet blasting.
- Same token-not being able to hear every single noise throughout the entire house.
- The space Max & Layla now have to run around. They've still got their little ponches, but they're shrinking, I tell ya.
- Our kitchen appliances (though not the fingerprints)
- I have a real baking cupboard. A whole one. Not 1/2 of 1 shelf.
- The 'D' by our front door.
- Super close to Sobey's (Can I have a grocery store gush? Is that weird?)
- Proximity to church, so when I wake up 15 minutes before mass (as I did yesterday and almost every week before that) I can still squeeze in before it starts.
- Max and Layla can go outside and enjoy it with a decent amount of privacy and safety. (And they do--I woke up this morning to Layla whining at the front door to get out. Hmmm, maybe I should rethink this favourite)
- How close we are to some of our closest friends and that we can just stumble home from each others houses after an impromptu TGIF
- The opportunity to keep & share all my ideas here
- The construction lessons I've learned to date, and those I hope I'll continue to learn.
- Our street address
- Our bedroom is definitely big enough that I don't have to scale the wall Mission Impossible-style around the bed to my side.
- It's where we'll start our family.
I seriously cannot believe it's only been 100 days!
P.S. I love lamp. :)