Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Could you do it?

Looking for inspiration today on Desire to Inspire , I found this post on a renovated Church in the UK.

Like Kim, I've often thought about repurposing an old barn, building, warehouse, etc. If not actually thinking about it, I've certainly thought of the potential of--even my own office building. It's a heritage building that used to be a barracks and has some very neat character to it that, if highlited and/or camoflauged correctly could really be something special.

Anyway, I think they did a great job transforming the church,





I mean, you can't say that's it's not beautiful, but I just don't think I could do it. Live there I mean. I'm a pretty good person, all things considered so it's not like I'm going to be sacrificing goats or hosting devil parties or anything, it just seems that almost anything is sacreligious when you do it in a church. You know? And a graveyard instead of a flower one? Yeah...I don't think so.

What about you?

1 comment:

  1. That is gorgeous and creepy at the same time! The living room furniture doesn't work at all, and every meal in that dining room would feel like the last supper. But those windows are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete