Monday, June 29, 2009

Later Rooster!

This project has been on the back-burner for quite a while. In fact, the photo of the original is tagged May 1. For such a quick and simple project, I'm surprised it took me so long to finally get down to.

I bought this tray from Home Sense:

When I bought it, I knew full well I wouldn't be keeping it as is. Unfortunately, and surprisingly, hubs liked it with the rooster and didn't want me to change it. Too bad.

So I spent a unhealthy amount of time comparing and debating about which paper I wanted to use to cover it. My brother and his crafty gf gave me a economy sized package of nice papers for Christmas, so I had a lot to choose from. Finally settled on an orangey-beige-y with a bit of blue design that easily matched up because the tray is longer than 12".

A little hodge-podge, a few unwanted air bubbles and we've got a brand new, much nicer tray:

I even used it last night for our first significant dinner party (7 people total) to cart the dishes and the food to the dining room:
I really like it and may use it on the entrance table (when we get one), the bakers rack in the kitchen or on the coffee table in the family room. All for a little vignette and a catch all for, well, all. Or I may keep it as an actual tray. See--indecisive!

No comments:

Post a Comment