Friday, April 17, 2009

Let there be light!

I came home last night to another few surprises (I could get used to this!).

One of the surprises and the least pleasant of the two was hubs' progress on his trim obsession. He'd picked up a whack more of the smaller trim and had installed some throughout the entrance area:
Don't get me wrong-there's nothing unpleasant with the actual project. In fact, I like it a lot more than I thought I would (despite the "trial post" not actually being much of a trial), it's the sound and smell of the nail gun that's unpleasant.

The second, more surprising, of the surprises was lighting in the dining room. Hubs told me to come see my surprise, which I couldn't, so he told me to check out the dining room. I saw nothing other than additional trim work and the corresponding dusty floors. Eventually I looked up and saw pot lights. I wasn't entirely in on the pot light plan, so for that I'm not sure how I feel, but they look great, so that's what matters most I guess.

Here's the dining room without the lights on (and as it has been for the past 2.5 months since we've had no lights installed in there):


And with the potlights on:
It's a little blurry because I had to turn off the flash in order to actually see the difference, but you get the idea.


Also, you can see our previous light source on the buffet on the left. That bare bulb that's not even plugged into the switch outlet, so you'd have to walk over to it and turn it on. Nice, eh? At least now we can find a nice shade for it and use it as pretty decoration.

Next step is the chandelier, and I think I've finally convinced hubs that a pendant light is the way to go. Soclose!

No comments:

Post a Comment