Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Baby Steps

Slowly, but surely, we're starting to actually hang things up. Shocking, I know.

Almost the first week in the house, we hung some sconces in the dining room. Then last week we hung a picture in the powder room and another in the main bath (which we soon after took down-indecisive much?) and last night I hung this:

I wanted something for the main entrance, but there were already loads of mirrors, so that didn't make sense. It's not a carnival fun house afterall. Also, I didn't really want actual pictures there. I'm not entirely sure of the reason, I just don't like the idea of strangers stepping in or peeking through the windows and being able to see pictures of us. Paranoid? Possibly.

Anyways, so I played with a couple fonts and printed out this large monogram in a chocolate brown on cardstock. Framed it in a frame we already had and hung it here:

Although, in that picture it looks a bit lost-it does look quite good and immediately I really liked it. Plus it's just a letter printed on cardstock, so we can easily change it as the mood and/or season strikes us.

Oh, here's a slightly better shot:

Now all you need is a small console table or something under there and it's good to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment