Monday, March 23, 2009

More baby steps

I had a fairly uneventful weekend house-wise. The same friend from University that detracted me from house stuff on St Patty's day did the same this weekend and I couldn't be happier about it.

Also, we had our first (small) dinner party on Friday night which turned into a late night games night, and to be honest, quite a shit show. Also had our first legitimate house guest on Saturday night, so all things house-warming.

Anyways, since I was only able to cross a couple very minimal things off the list, I thought I'd chronicle another couple baby steps to remind myself that progress is in fact being made:

Accent chair corner March 11:
Accent chair corner now:
Such tiny, fast and cheap (free in this case!) changes have made such a huge difference.

The storage area of the basement has been organized:

And we've even started hanging a very few pictures on the wall. Unfortunately I haven't taken any pictures yet, but there's a few less empty walls in the house. Although a lot more very emptry ones to worry about.

We also finally bought an outdoor broom so at least our porch and garage would be clean even if the yard itself is a dump.

And tonight, my FIL is dropping off some supplies so hubs can install the quarter-round alond the baseboards of the hardwood, which will make a huge difference.

OK, I see some progress so I feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment