Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The TV Nook

Originally Posted: February 5, 2009

Remember this pretty, unassuming fireplace wall of yesterdays post?


Isn't she lovely? Innocent? Perfectly suitable for a new house?

Well, I get home Sunday morning from my normal routine and see a HUGE hole cut in the wall above the fireplace. Currently it looks like this:


Now, this is after 3 coats of drywall mud, some drywall tape and a few swipes of a sanding block. Imagine it when it was literally a gaping hole baring the studs and insulation. That's what I came home to Sunday morning.

It's going to be very nice, and I knew it was in the plans for our new house. But at this point, there are so much more pressing things that need to get done (i.e. the laundry machines are not yet installed and I'm on day 3 wearing the same socks. I'm sorry, but it's true).

Plus, this is creating such a mess in our family room and kitchen alike that's it's driving me crazy.

These 2 rooms are pretty much ready to be bare-bones live-able while we keep on trucking in other rooms, but they're just too messy and all over the place to even sit and watch Lost in it.

NB assures me it'll be done tonight, so my fingers are crossed (he tends to over-extend himself and underestimate the time it'll take) that'll be the case.

No comments:

Post a Comment