Tuesday, March 17, 2009

St Patty's Green

Happy St Patty's Day!

My green today won't come in coloured beers or coolers. There will be some green cupcake frosting in there though, that's unavoidable.

Also, there will be green in my home. Having absolutely nothing to do with today (that would be weird), it's just coincidental timing, I decided last week or the week before that one of the accent colours in the family room and kitchen is going to be green.

I've added and moved a few pieces since then, including a green potted plant, a green tinted reed diffuser and purchased the large green vase and a green placemat for Max & Layla's food dishes from Pier 1. This past weekend during my weekly ravage of HomeSense, I finally found some green pillows that I liked:
I don't know why I had such a hard time finding nice ones. Oh wait-I may have an idea...there's no target around here! But I managed to mix and match a few and they're really growing on me in the space:
The white of the white pillows is a bit more stark than I'd thought, so I'll need to add a couple more white pieces in that room, but that's ok-it could use some bright/light pieces anyways.

Already they make such a difference from the previous cushions:
Which is the family room just 6 days ago. And hey! There's the green vase again.

And the green placemat:

I think the other accent colour will be quite adventurous: white! I know, it's a departure, but I think it'll work :)

No comments:

Post a Comment